- The Mental Status Examination is Not a Scientific Psychological Measure
- Sex Offender or Delerious Drug Addict
- Insane, innocent, or merely dishonest?
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences Seeks Biased Opinions from its Retained Experts
- Psychological Testimony and Daubert: Pro-Science and Pro-Corporations
allen on Insane, innocent, or merely…
Category Archives: Psychology
Sex Offender or Delerious Drug Addict
I recently assisted in obtaining a not-guilty verdict for a defendant who had actually engaged in sex crimes. He had exposed himself, had masturbated and had walked into a hotel lobby and had inappropriately touched the woman working at the … Continue reading
Insane, innocent, or merely dishonest?
I have now worked on my third court ordered criminal evaluation in which I could not decide whether the defendant was mentally ill, simply dishonest or wrongly accused. A variety of psychological conditions could cause a criminal defendant to incorrectly … Continue reading
Psychological Testimony and Daubert: Pro-Science and Pro-Corporations
During the mid-1980s, I treated a patient in her first trimester of pregnancy who was suffering from severe morning sickness. At the time, I was working at the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Santa Clara, California. Although I saw no … Continue reading