- The Mental Status Examination is Not a Scientific Psychological Measure
- Sex Offender or Delerious Drug Addict
- Insane, innocent, or merely dishonest?
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences Seeks Biased Opinions from its Retained Experts
- Psychological Testimony and Daubert: Pro-Science and Pro-Corporations
allen on Insane, innocent, or merely…
Tag Archives: IME
Insane, innocent, or merely dishonest?
I have now worked on my third court ordered criminal evaluation in which I could not decide whether the defendant was mentally ill, simply dishonest or wrongly accused. A variety of psychological conditions could cause a criminal defendant to incorrectly … Continue reading
Is PTSD the New Whiplash?
Years ago, the claim of “whiplash” was identified as an often bogus addition to a personal injury claim resulting from an auto accident. Whiplash was a neck injury, presumably caused by head movement at the moment of impact. In the … Continue reading